So you're interested in buying a Kamado or you already have one but you're curious about what you can cook? Well, this post is for you.
In this post, we will go through 5 Different Recipes that you can cook with your Kamado.
1. Pulled Pork
- Pork Shoulder Approx 2KGs
- Apply Pork Rub
- Let Pork Rest for 30mins
- Set up the Kamado - Preheat to around 250 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Add wood above the coals, add the ceramic heat deflector and close the grid at around 225 Degrees
- Add vegetables (optional)
- Place the cooking grids above and add the Pork Shoulder in the middle with the fat placing down.
- Leave for two hours
- Once the internal temperature is around 155/160 degrees, remove and double wrap with foil.
- Add the shoulder back in and leave until the internal temperature is around 195 Degrees.
- Take out the Pork and let it rest for 1/2 hour
- Pull, Chop and Enjoy!
2. Smoked Ribs
- Set the Grill to Kamado at 275F
- Add a Rub
- Place onto the Grill
- Add Applewood for flavour
- Spray the ribs with Apple Juice every 20 minutes until the ribs where done.
- Add Butter and leave for 30 mins
- Leave for 4 hours
- Check the tenderness of the meat
- Add BBQ Sauce
- Cut and Eat
3. Texas Style Beef Brisket
- Set the Grill to Kamado at 250F
- Salt/Pepper Rub
- Leave for 6 Hours
- Check the internal temperature it's around 170 Degrees
- Double wrap in foil for another 4 hours
- Probe until Tender (Around 200 Degrees)
- Let it sit for 10 mins in the Kamado
- Wrap back in foil then let it sit in the cooler for 1 hour
- Ready and serve
4. The Perfect Steak
- Prep the Meat
- Add Butter
- Add Seasoning
- Thicker Steaks work better for cooking (Don't go lower than 1 1/2 Inch
- Put the steak in the Refrigerator until you're ready to cook
- Place most of the charcoal to on the left side
- Add the divide and conquer rack in
- Put a low rack on the left side
- Add the Heat Deflector and the regular Grid on the right
- Get the Temp up to 500 Degrees F
- Place the steak on the lower side of the grill for 3 minutes then flip over and repeat
- Move the steak to the right side (indirect cooking) until the internal temperature is around 125-128 Degrees F (Medium Rare)
- Take the Steak out, cover with Foil and let it sit for 7/8 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy
5. Grilled Vegetable Kababs
Instructions are in the video.